Mey Al Sayegh
Mey AL Sayegh
Senior Correspondent and International news editor@ ALjoumhouria newspaper
I work as a senior international news editor and correspondent at Aljoumhouria newspaper (Lebanese Arabic daily). In my articles, I focus on international conflicts and development, diplomatic issues and conduct interviews with foreign ambassadors to Lebanon and senior officials.
At the technical level, I am qualified to use computer and research engines properly and I am active on social media as well.
My native language is Arabic and most of my articles are written in this language. I also write articles and analysis in English language for SFPA, SAC- Slovakia think- tank.
I believe that the expert in anything was once a beginner, that what I learned from my experience as a journalist since 2007.I realized that being passionate of my work and the high sense of responsibility are the key points in my success. I walked my way bearing in my mind that my articles (English &Arabic) should not be boring or written in a press release form; they should reflect a human sense.
In parallel, I developed a wide network of public relations and been very active in advocating voluntary for the causes I believe in, even though it was not part of my daily tasks at Aljoumhouria newspaper and Tatwir Center for Studies.
As a result, I have been invited to a large number of countries to cover different topics, ranging from international politics (Geneva 2 on Syria) to development issues, and appointed as a member of Media network for Blue peace in the Middle East.
A list of most important certificates i have got from United States Department of State(International visitor Leadership Program June 16- July 4 2014)
Media for development program (2012-2013)
Reporting the EU training (2013-2014)
January 2014 – Present (2 years 3 months)missions abroad
The Geneva II Conference on Syria coverage- for ALjoumhouruia newspaper (January - February 2014 )
The Reform process in Jordan coverage - exclusive invitation from His Royal Highness prince Alhassan Bin Talal.(February 2014)
1 honor or award
Senior international and diplomatic news editor
January 2011 – Present (5 years 3 months)zalka
January 2011 to date
Head of International news department/ Aljoumhouria newspaper ( http://www.aljoumhouria.com/)
- News reporting, Feature writing, Investigative reporting,
Editing, Research and Fact- checking, Conducting interviews
- Covering international and regional conferences
April 25 - May 10 2012
-Conducted Training for editors @ Aljoumhouria website
December 2013 to date
Freelancer -Conducting researches and interviews / Tatwir Center for Studies – Beirut- Lebanon
http://tatwir.net/ ( Arabic – English)
June 2012 till June 2013
Freelancer writer at Slovakian media (Blizkyychod Media)
(articles covering middle east issues written in English(
June 2013 to date
Freelancer writer at think- tank SFPA, SAC- Slovakia (English language)
May 2007 –September 2009:
International news editor - Al-akhbar newspaper – Verdun
- International visitor leadership program on Investigative Journalism /United States of State of Department(July 4 2014)
- Media neighborhood training – BBC /Reporting the European Union (May 2014)
- Multimedia and social network /Agence France-Press AFP, Canal France International (CFI), UNDP , Montpellier ,France(October 2013)
Member at Lebanese Editors Syndicate
- Investigative Reporters and Editors - IRE
( June 9, 2014 – June 2015)
- Blue peace Media Network
Workshops and conferences:
April 2011-till 2013
- Media for Development workshop /UNDP /AFP (Training sessions/ field visits / Sarajevo conference on civil war)
March 2013 to present:
- Blue peace conferences - Istanbul, Jordan, Geneva.
- Field trips :The Rhine river - Switzerland - September 2013/ Mekong river in Cambodia and Laos- November 2014/ Senegal river -August 2015
June 2013 / February 2014
- The 5th Wana Forum (The Uprooted) - Jordan.
- Reform process in Jordan.
Coverage of Regional and Municipal elections and Green Economy in Denmark