- AguaLatinaPurpose: Multilingual unmoderated open forum for discussion of water issues specifically related to Latin America.
To subscribe: send an e-mail to aguaLatinaemail@example.com
- Dialog-Agua-LPurpose: Provide the Inter-American Dialogue on Water Management (IADWM) and its Inter-American Water Resources Network (IWRN) with the means to share water information technology, and expertise among the countries of the Western Hemisphere (via the Internet).
To subscribe: See website, or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, leave the subject line blank, in the body of the message, type: SUB DIALOG-AGUA-L “firstname lastname”
- Eli-WetlandsPurpose: This list is maintained by the Environmental Law Institute as a public service to the environmental community. It is a forum for discussing the law, science, and management of wetlands, floodplains, and coastal water resources.
To subscribe: send an email to email@example.com
- European Water Management News Purpose: Provide water news of Europe
To subscribe: send an e-mail with “Subscribe European Water Management News” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Water JobsPurpose: A free electronic service to help the human resource needs and careers of International Waters community members. Website: mail.iwlearn.net:8100/Lists/jobs/List.html
To subscribe: send an e-mail to email@example.com
- International Environmental LawNickname: INTENVIRON
Purpose: Discussion of issues related to international environmental law
To subscribe: Send the command “subscribe INTEVIRON” in the body of the message to LISTSERV@ABANET.ORG
- IW-ForumPurpose: Forum for the International Waters community to share their ideas, questions, advice and collaborations to meet our common goal of restoring and protecting the world’s transboundary water systems.
To subscribe, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- LakeNetPurpose: A global network of people and organizations, including 800 members in more than 80 countries and on hundreds of lakes around the world, promoting the conservation and sustainable management of lakes. Monitor International, a US-based nonprofit organization, serves as Secretariat for the network and moderates the electronic forum.
To subscribe, send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Middle East Water Nickname:
Purpose: MEH2O-L is an electronic mail discussion group for information and research relating to water in the Middle East, administered by the Pacific Institute for Studies in Development, Environment, and Security.
To subscribe, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following in the body of the message: subscribe MEH20-L firstname lastname.
- Nile Basin Society Discussion ForumPurpose: To foster the cooperative spirt between such countries as demonstrated by the Nile Basin Initiative.
To subscribe, please visit the forum at: www.nilebasin.com
- Nile RiverPurpose: Aimed at promoting sustainable equitable water resources development of all Nile riparian countries through basin-wide cooperation through open discussions and sharing of information concerning Nile politics and environmental issues.
To subscribe, send an e-mail to NileRiveremail@example.com
- River-Basin-InitiativePurpose: A moderated group set up for individuals who are interested in the River Basin Initiative (RBI) – a global initiative on integrating biodiversity, wetland and river basin management, endorsed by both the Convention on Biological Diversity and the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands.
To subscribe, send an e-mail to River-Basin-Initiativefirstname.lastname@example.org
- River ListPurpose: discussion group for anyone interested in the scientific, technical, environmental, social or legislative aspects of river management. It is aimed at sharing information in a controlled environment on new approaches, experiences, issues, problems, job vacancies and events.
To subscribe: Send e-mail to email@example.com with the message “subscribe” in the text.
- River NilePurpose: The list aims at discussing the politics and developments in land and water use in the Nile Basin and their implications.
To subscribe: go to www.egroups.com/group/NileRiver
- The Water ForumNickname: waterforum
Purpose: Open forum for discussions on water resources issues, including both groundwater and surface water, as well as drinking water, wastewater, wetlands, recreational use, fisheries and wildlife, and any other relevant water resources and or sanitation topics.
To subscribe: Send a blank e-mail to: waterforum-subscribe@eGroups.com
- Water OnlinePurpose: Information sharing among water professionals in California.
To subscribe: Send message to: firstname.lastname@example.org; leave the subject line blank; in the body of the message type: subscribe Water-On-Line
- Water PoliciesNickname: AGUA-ES
Purpose: Spanish-language list including discussion of water law, environmental protection, etc.
Website URL: www.rediris.es/list/info/agua-es.html
- Water Web Purpose: A list dedicated to the discussion of issues pertaining to water information and the Internet. This list grew out of the first Water Information Summit held in 1998. The WaterWeb list is an activity of the WaterWeb Consortium, which hosts the Water Information Summit each fall.
To subscribe: This is a closed list; anyone interested in participating may contact the list manager, Faye Anderson.
- WaterTalkPurpose: To foster communication and discussion regarding Texas water issues.
To subscribe: Send message to: email@example.com; leave subject line and body of the message blank.
- WaterWiserPurpose: A conflation of science, policy and water management issues, with an emphasis on water conservation measures.
To subscribe: Send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org; leave the subject line blank; in the body, type: subscribe waterwiserlist and your email address.
- World Commission on Dams Nickname: irn-wcd
Purpose: To update interested parties on general dam issues and the progress of the Commission (hearings, press releases, etc). The World Commission on Dams listserv is operated by the International Rivers Network.
To subscribe: Send the command “subscribe irn-wcd” in the body of the message to Majordomo@igc.org